Our Outreach Support service provides support to young people over the age of 16, within their own homes and their local and wider communities. City Care has the unique ability to offer individuals/their families/carers access to a Central Support Team of Speech and Language Therapist, Psychologist, Autism Specialist and, in an emergency, on call support.
The crises may never happen and we can work with families to prevent it, but if it does we are there to provide the correct service input.
- We will work with the young person, their families and those who know them best to provide appropriate education (formal and skill based personal development), work and fun activity based opportunities.
- We will engage people in a range of community based social and leisure activities of their choice.
- People will have the opportunity to engage in our scheduled activities. Hiking: horse riding: animal husbandry, swimming, football; boating or canal cruising.
- They will have the chance of engaging in a variety of work practises which will include the Job Pod, the Didsbury Perk Café and external opportunities.
- We will work with people to identify aims and goals and work with them towards achievement.
- We will work to extend the individual’s community presence, skill base and knowledge and develop confi dence and self-esteem.
Our specialist Outreach Support Team work with young people, who have the capacity to make some of their own decisions, to source and move into their own accommodation. We have links with a range of housing providers to get the right accommodation for each person, or group of people, when they are ready to take this next step in their lives.